Stir fried tofu with vegetables? It may not sound so great at first, but believe me, it tastes really good. Yes, even tofu can be delicious. Especially when it’s prepared properly.
I must say that I haven’t been a big fan of tofu in past. The reason was that it often tasted like “nothing”. This is mainly because it was not seasoned at all.
Which tofu to use for stir fried tofu recipe?
What kind of tofu do you actually need? Be sure to buy firm tofu, which keeps an excellent consistency when fried. It will be nice and crispy.
You can also get flavored tofu with soy sauce at a store. Of course, that would be fine too. However, this is not necessary as you can easily prepare the marinade for tofu stir fry yourself.
Cut the tofu into bite-sized cubes and place in a bowl. Add light soy and dark soy sauce together with sugar and cornstarch. You can use honey instead of sugar too. Rice vinegar adds acidity to your sauce.
If you like it spicy, feel free to add some sriracha or any other hot sauce. Then let the tofu marinate for about 20 minutes to soak up all of the goodness.
How to make delicious and quick tofu with vegetables?
If you already have tofu marinade ready, it is necessary to save half for later. Marinate the tofu with one half and add the other half to your wok later.
Since everything is done very quickly when stir-frying, it is important to prepare other ingredients. In addition to the tofu, cut all the vegetables. Broccoli would take a little more time in your wok pan. It is, therefore, a good idea to blanch it in slightly boiling water. Five minutes should be enough.
This recipe is actually very similar to sweet and sour tofu, which is delicious too.
Don’t forget to cook the noodles. Follow the instructions on the package.
Now that you have everything ready, start stir-frying your ingredients in a wok or in a larger pan. When frying tofu first, move it out of the pan and set it aside so that there is always enough space in your wok. Everything should be fried nicely. It’s not good if your wok is overcrowded as the ingredients will start cooking and you won’t get the crispness you need.
This way, you can continue with the carrots, broccoli, and mushrooms. When everything is well seared, add the ginger, garlic, and noodles to the wok and pour the other half of the sauce over them. Then place the tofu and all fried vegetables back in the wok.
That’s about it! If it seems to be too dry, add more sauce or a little bit of water. Finally, just garnish with the green parts of spring onions and enjoy the best stir fried tofu with vegetables!
Stir Fried Tofu with Vegetables
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
A simple vegan recipe for stir fried tofu with vegetables. Crispy tofu, red bell pepper, juicy broccoli, tasty mushrooms, and saucy noodles. It is a perfect idea for a quick and delicious dinner!
- 360 g firm tofu
- 250 g noodles
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 200 g mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 1 smaller broccoli
- 4 cm piece of ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spring onion for garnish
Marinade for tofu:
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Sriracha (optional)
- Mix the listed ingredients for the marinade in the bowl. Let the sliced tofu marinate with half of the sauce for about 20 minutes. Set aside the other half of the marinade for later.
- Cut bell pepper, carrot, and mushrooms into thin slices. Blanch the chopped broccoli in gently boiling water for about 5 minutes, letting it soften nicely. Then let it dry. Moreover, cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat the oil in a wok or in a larger pan and add the marinated tofu. Fry on each side for about 3 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Gradually add chopped carrot, mushrooms, bell pepper, and blanched broccoli. Season with salt and pepper. Make sure that the vegetables always have enough space for stir-frying. Set aside again.
- Add a little oil to the pan, add the finely chopped garlic, ginger, and the white part of the spring onion. Then add the cooked and dried noodles and pour in the rest of the sauce.
- Put the tofu and all the stir-fried vegetables back in the pan and mix well. If the tofu with vegetables seems too dry, add more sauce or a little water.
- Turn off the heat, mix again and garnish with the green ends of the spring onion.
Always stir-fry on high heat.
If your wok looks a little dry, add a touch of oil.
If you like it spicy, add sriracha!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stir-fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 4 servings , Amount per serving:
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 5.1g
- Sodium: 722mg
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 25.8g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 14g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
Keywords: stir fried tofu recipe, stir fried tofu with vegetables, stir fried tofu and broccoli, tofu stir fry vegan, tofu stir fry with vegetables, marinade for tofu stir fry