Roasted beets and potatoes with goat cheese (or sheep milk cheese), plus tasty bacon, sounds good right? These few ingredients together make a perfect meal.
In the last recipe for the traditional beef borscht soup, I already mentioned how much I enjoy (though not very often) making beetroot recipes. Since I still had some beets and potatoes left, I decided to make these amazing and delicious roasted potatoes with beetroot, bacon, and goat cheese.
The recipe is very simple too. Just put the pre-cooked potatoes and beets in the oven for less than half an hour. In the meantime, fry the bacon and shortly afterward you can enjoy the great meal.
But you better not look at calories, because a part of this recipe is also nice bacon. And that, unfortunately, is not one of the healthiest ingredients. It is a pity that it does not contain as many nutritional values and vitamins as an apple. Imagine biting off a piece of bacon like an apple… That would be lovely.
I got a little carried away with bacon.
And what bacon to use?
Italian pancetta is excellent, but you can use any bacon really. In addition, you can pour some rendered fat over your potatoes and beetroot.
Roasted beets, potatoes and goat cheese – the perfect combination
Goat cheese or sheep milk cheese is a must. This gives the whole recipe an excellent character. If by chance you don’t like one of these cheeses very much and it is too intense for you, you can mix it with a little milk, for example. But you shouldn’t omit it. It really adds an amazing taste.Print
Roasted Beets & Potatoes with Goat Cheese
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 8 medium-sized potatoes (Maris Piper)
- 8 medium-sized beets
- 150g bacon
- 150g sheep or goat cheese
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika powder
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First cook the potatoes and beets in a pot (separately). Scrub the potatoes and beets with a vegetable brush and slice off the base and the skinny pointy ends of each beet. If your potatoes and beets are larger, cut them into quarters. If they are smaller, cut them in half.
- Place them in the pots, season with salt and add some cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until slightly soft. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 ° F (200 ° C).
- Strain the potatoes and beetroots. Place cook potatoes back into the empty pot and shake back and forth a little to fluff up the outsides. This will make them even more crunchy after roasting.
- Put them on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with smoked paprika powder, garlic powder, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the potatoes start to turn golden brown.
- After that, fry the diced bacon in a pan. Serve the roasted beets and potatoes with some fried bacon, goat cheese (or sheep milk cheese), and freshly chopped spring onions.
Sheep milk cheese goes perfectly in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Slovak
- Serving Size: 4 servings , Amount per serving:
- Calories: 663
- Sugar: 12.2g
- Sodium: 1518mg
- Fat: 27.5g
- Saturated Fat: 8.7g
- Carbohydrates: 77.9g
- Fiber: 12.6g
- Protein: 29.8g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
Keywords: roasted beets, roasted potatoes, beets with goat cheese, roasted beets with bacon
Very interesting combination. Looks delicious!
Thanks. The goat or sheep milk cheese goes really good with those roasted beets and potatoes.
Great recipe, I gave it a try and was super happy with the result!
Thank you, that’s nice to hear!
I used feta instead of goat milk and it was really tasty.
Feta is an excellent choice!