- 8 medium-sized potatoes (Maris Piper)
- 8 medium-sized beets
- 150g bacon
- 150g sheep or goat cheese
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika powder
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First cook the potatoes and beets in a pot (separately). Scrub the potatoes and beets with a vegetable brush and slice off the base and the skinny pointy ends of each beet. If your potatoes and beets are larger, cut them into quarters. If they are smaller, cut them in half.
- Place them in the pots, season with salt and add some cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until slightly soft. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 ° F (200 ° C).
- Strain the potatoes and beetroots. Place cook potatoes back into the empty pot and shake back and forth a little to fluff up the outsides. This will make them even more crunchy after roasting.
- Put them on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with smoked paprika powder, garlic powder, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the potatoes start to turn golden brown.
- After that, fry the diced bacon in a pan. Serve the roasted beets and potatoes with some fried bacon, goat cheese (or sheep milk cheese), and freshly chopped spring onions.
Sheep milk cheese goes perfectly in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Slovak
- Serving Size: 4 servings , Amount per serving:
- Calories: 663
- Sugar: 12.2g
- Sodium: 1518mg
- Fat: 27.5g
- Saturated Fat: 8.7g
- Carbohydrates: 77.9g
- Fiber: 12.6g
- Protein: 29.8g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
Keywords: roasted beets, roasted potatoes, beets with goat cheese, roasted beets with bacon