These healthy and easy carrot muffins are a perfect pleasure at any time of the day. You can enjoy carrot muffins for breakfast with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee. It is also a nice and healthy start to the day. Of course, you can appreciate this dessert in the afternoon as a quick treat.
Vegan carrot muffins are an excellent recipe that won’t take you more than 40 minutes. Moreover, baking itself takes half the time. This recipe will please all year round, but it is especially characteristic for Easter time. You can prepare two batches, so these amazing carrot muffins can be enjoyed by the whole family.
How to make easy vegan carrot muffins
Firstly, grate the carrots. You will need two to four carrots. It depends on the size of them. I use three medium-sized carrots (about 200 g or 2 cups).
You can make carrot muffins in two ways. Either make the batter with a mixer or mix the dough nicely with a wooden spoon or a spatula. The second way will save you extra effort when washing up dishes and I feel that the muffins will be even more fluffy.
Prepare liquid ingredients in one bowl. Mix oil, almond milk (you can also use normal milk for the non-vegan version), honey, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
In the second bowl, mix all the dry ingredients such as flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Make room in the middle and add your liquid mixture. Mix well and add the grated carrots and ground hazelnuts (if you love hazelnuts just like me, check out this amazing nut pastry “Nussgebäck” – german dessert recipe). Then mix again one more time. But be careful not to overmix your mixture.
Ready to bake
Pour the finished batter into the prepared muffin cups. You can lightly grease them with butter or oil so that they do not stick too much when finished. When they are ready and the whole kitchen smells amazing, it’s time for one last thing and that is the lemon frosting.
It is important to let the carrot muffins cool down for at least 8 minutes after removing them from the oven. This step is the most complicated of the whole recipe because it is hard to resist and not taste at least one muffin!Print
Healthy and Easy Carrot Muffins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
For 12 muffins:
- 3 medium-sized carrots (grated)
- 270g all-purpose flour
- 70g ground hazelnuts
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 60g brown sugar
- 200 ml almond milk
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 80g powdered sugar
- 1 lemon (juice)
- Pinch of salt
- Marzipan carrots
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C (375 ° F). Prepare your muffin pan by either greasing the wells or adding paper liners.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt to one bowl. Stir gently.
- In the second bowl, mix the milk, oil, honey, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and lemon juice from half the lemon. Mix well.
- Then pour it into a bowl with your dry ingredients. Stir and add the grated carrots and ground hazelnuts. Mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan, filling the muffin cups almost to the top. Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare your lemon glaze. Mix in a bowl powdered sugar and fresh lemon juice from the other half of the lemon.
- When muffins are finished, let them chill for at least 10 minutes. Pour the glaze over the muffins. Place your marzipan carrots on each muffin and enjoy!
You can use normal milk for the non-vegan version.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 servings , Amount per serving:
- Calories: 520
- Sugar: 28g
- Sodium: 151mg
- Fat: 24.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrates: 71.9g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 8.1g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
Keywords: healthy carrot muffins, easy carrot muffins
Looks yummy. I’ll try this recipe, but no vegan. I need to have eggs in my muffins 🙂
I know, I usually use eggs too. With them, muffins are fluffier 🙂
Ich habe die Muffins an Ostern gebacken. Sogar ohne Zucker hats lecker geschmeckt😋