This quick pumpkin risotto impresses with its simplicity and its unique taste. If you are looking for new pumpkin recipes, be sure to try this recipe this fall!
- 1/2 small Hokkaido pumpkin (approx. 320 g de-seeded)
- 190 g arborio rice
- 700 ml of chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 40 ml of white wine
- 30 g butter
- 50 g of parmesan
- 1 chili pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 tbsp of sage or parsley
- A pinch of fresh nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the Hokkaido pumpkin, cut it in half and scoop out the middle with the seeds. Cut one half (around 11 oz) into tiny cubes. Also cut shallots, garlic, and chili.
- Get your chicken stock ready. In one pot you will cook your risotto and gradually take the broth from the other to pour into your risotto.
- Heat the olive oil in the pot and add the shallots. Then add garlic, chili pepper, and rosemary. After a few minutes, add the arborio rice, half of the butter, and mix well.
- After a while, when the rice starts to toast gently, add the diced pumpkin, and after a few minutes pour white wine over everything. Stir and let the wine evaporate.
- Now you gradually add the hot chicken stock. Start with one ladle (so that rice and pumpkin are covered). Once the rice has absorbed the liquid, add another ladle.
- Repeat this process for ca. 18 minutes. In the end, however, taste whether pumpkin is soft and rice al dente. Season with salt, pepper, and fresh nutmeg to taste.
- Finally, add the other half of the butter, turn off the heat and add the freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Mix well and garnish with parsley or sage.
You don’t have to peel the Hokkaido pumpkin. The skin contains vitamins and also doesn’t disturb you at all. It becomes soft when you cook it.
Use unsalted butter to control the saltiness of your quick pumpkin risotto. Remember that chicken stock and parmesan are also quite salty ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 4 servings , Amount per serving:
- Calories: 376
- Sugar: 3.3g
- Sodium: 1025mg
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrates: 50mg
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 12.3g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
Keywords: quick pumpkin risotto, easy pumpkin risotto, best pumpkin risotto, hokkaido pumpkin risotto