This meat stuffed potato pancake is full of excellent flavors. Chicken, peas, corn, mushrooms, and red bell pepper – a delicious combination. The perfect idea for a weekend lunch.
- 500g chicken breast (or thighs)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 300g of mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 150g corn
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 150g peas (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 larger potatoes (approx. 700g)
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3–5 tbsp of plain flour
- 1 tsp marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, prepare the dough for potato pancakes. Clean and grate the potatoes. Place in a bowl together with grated garlic.
- Add one whole egg along with one yolk, and season with marjoram, salt and black pepper. Gradually start adding the flour to the desired consistency. Mix well.
- Heat a larger amount of oil in a skillet. Add the dough to the center of the pan and spread it over the entire surface. Fry until golden brown on each side for about 3 minutes. Place the finished pancakes on a paper towel. Repeat this step until you have used all of the dough.
- Now the stuffing. Sautée the onion in olive oil in a larger pan, then add the garlic and the diced chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Sear the meat nicely until brown for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, chopped red bell pepper, and mushrooms. Stir and cook for another 10 minutes.
- After that, add ketchup, ground cumin, corn, and peas. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Place the filling on the potato pancake and fold it in half. Garnish with fresh parmesan.
Grate the potatoes on the coarser side of the grater.
If the potatoes release too much water when preparing the dough for the pancakes, you can remove it. Otherwise, you would have to add more flour. It is better to take water from potatoes and use less flour.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Slovak
- Serving Size: 6 servings , Amount per serving:
- Calories: 403
- Sugar: 9.7g
- Sodium: 550mg
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 56.4g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 27.7g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
Keywords: stuffed potato pancakes, grated potato pancakes, potato latke, meat stuffed potato pancake