This fresh simple Greek salad (Horiatiki), packed with olives, feta cheese, and fresh, tasty vegetables, is a must-have recipe for those delightful summer days.
- 200 g feta cheese
- 1 red onion
- 300 g of tomatoes (cherry or Roma)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper
- 150 g of Kalamata olives
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- To start, rinse the bell pepper, cucumber, and tomatoes. Chop the bell pepper, tomatoes, and cucumber into bite-sized pieces, and thinly slice the onion.
- Afterward, gather them in a bowl along with the olives. Proceed by drizzling the mixture with extra virgin olive oil and wine vinegar.
- Season the mixture with a touch of salt, some freshly ground black pepper, and a sprinkle of oregano.
- Following that, give the mixture a gentle mix, and then add the diced feta cheese.
- Lastly, before serving, finish it off with a light drizzle of olive oil.
Let’s not forget the fresh herbs – oregano, mint, and parsley – the very soul of Greek cuisine. Liberally sprinkle these fragrant herbs onto your salad to infuse it with an explosion of aroma and taste that captures the true spirit of Greece.
To truly elevate your Horiatiki salad, remember to pay attention to the finer details. Opt for the aromatic addition of freshly ground black pepper. This simple touch can make a significant difference in enhancing the overall flavor profile of your salad.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size: 4 servings , Amount per serving:
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 7.9g
- Sodium: 598
- Fat: 25.5g
- Saturated Fat: 9.7g
- Carbohydrates: 13.6g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 9.1g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
Keywords: fresh Greek salad, homemade Greek salad, simple Greek salad, is greek salad healthy, how many calories in a greek salad, how to make greek salad, horiatiki recipe