This easy and quick vegetable soup with sweet potatoes will pleasantly surprise you with its taste. It’s vegan, healthy and absolutely delicious!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 larger yellow onion
- 3 carrots (medium size)
- 2 sweet potatoes (approx. 450 g)
- 200 g peas (frozen)
- 150 g corn (optional)
- 200 g beans
- 1.5 l vegetable broth (bouillon cube)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- A handful of fresh parsley
- First, prepare all the vegetables. Peel the sweet potatoes and carrots and cut them into (not too small) cubes. Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in the pot and sautée the onion. After a few minutes, add the garlic and carrots.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the caraway seeds, fennel seeds, and thyme. Allow the spices to toast gently for about two minutes to deepen the flavors.
- Then add the cubed sweet potatoes and stir. Add the vegetable broth, partially cover with a lid, reduce heat and simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- When the carrots and sweet potatoes are tender, add the frozen peas, corn, and mix.
- Season with more salt and black pepper. Soups often require quite a bit of salt.
- If you like beans, add to the soup, remove from heat and stir. Serve the hot vegetable soup with some fresh parsley.
Since this is an easy veg soup recipe, you can also use canned beans. White beans (e.g. cannellini) are excellent.
You can use fresh dill instead of parsley.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Soups
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 servings , Amount per serving:
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 10.1g
- Sodium: 1266mg
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrates: 33.7g
- Fiber: 8.1g
- Protein: 10.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: easy and quick vegetable soup, recipe vegetable soup, recipe for low calorie vegetable soup, easy veg soup recipe, delicious vegetable soup recipe, how to make vegetable soup in home