The best creamy pasta salad that takes a short time to prepare. This quick and easy pasta salad with mayo, yogurt, ham and vegetables will definitely not disappoint. You can enjoy it as a quick dinner or as a side dish.
- 500g pasta (maccheroni)
- 200g ham
- 1 red bell pepper
- 300g corn
- 300g peas
- 100g pickles (cornichons)
- Bunch of fresh parsley
- 80g mayonnaise
- 220g Greek yogurt
- 1 small clove of garlic (minced)
- 50ml pickle juice
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 4 tbsp of pasta water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring well-salted water to a boil in a pot and place your pasta. Cook according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, chop the red bell pepper, pickles, and ham. Prepare peas and corn (remove canned water).
- Now the dressing. In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, yogurt, minced garlic, and pickle juice. Season with salt and black pepper.
- If the pasta is cooked (more than al dente), strain it and place in a larger bowl. But save some water.
- Add chopped ham and vegetables to a bowl of your still-warm pasta. Add a little water from the pasta, pour over the dressing and mix well.
- Taste for seasoning. It might need more salt, pepper, or pickle juice. Garnish with fresh parsley.
By adding pasta water, you’ll get a creamier texture. And it is definitely better to use some pasta water instead of more mayo.
It’s not your typical pasta dish. You can cook the pasta a bit more than al dente.
Add chili powder for some extra kick and taste.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 5 servings , Amount per serving:
- Calories: 490
- Sugar: 8.9g
- Sodium: 1174mg
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrates: 76g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Protein: 24.1g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
Keywords: easy pasta salad, creamy pasta salad, classic pasta salad, pasta salad cold, pasta salad with mayo