- 4 eggs
- 1 sheet nori (optional)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dashi (if you can’t get dashi, you can use fish sauce or water)
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp sugar
- daikon radish (grated, for serving)
- Beat eggs in a bowl using chopsticks. Add soy sauce, dashi, sugar, and mirin and mix well.
- Heat a touch of vegetable oil in a pan. Pour some egg mixture into the pan just to cover the surface of the pan. Poke any air bubbles.
- Cook it until half done and fold and push the egg mixture to the end of the pan.
- Add a touch of oil (you can use oil-soaked kitchen paper) into the empty part of the pan and pour some egg mixture to cover the surface again. Lift the folded omelette up to let the egg mixture run under it. Roll the omelette again and repeat until you have no egg mixture left.
- Shape tamagoyaki with a bamboo mat. Serve with some grated daikon radish and enjoy!
You can use an adequate rectangular (tamago) pan for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Rolling
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: Tamagoyaki, Japanese omelette