If you’re looking for an interesting use of sweet potatoes, easy sweet potato latkes are the recipe you have to try! They are quick to make and absolutely delicious.
- 400 g of sweet potatoes (grated)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic (minced)
- 2 eggs
- 1 to 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 50 g of parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil (for frying)
- 200 ml sour cream (for serving)
- Bunch of fresh dill (for serving)
- First, prepare the dough. Peel the sweet potatoes and grate them on the coarse side of the grater. Place in a bowl along with the finely chopped onion and minced garlic.
- Then add two eggs, grated parmesan cheese, chili powder, and flour. Season with salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- In a larger pan, heat the sunflower oil and add a nice tablespoon of the mixture to the edge of the pan. Form into a latke and repeat until the pan is filled with smaller latkes.
- Fry together for about 6 minutes (3 minutes on each side). Their beautiful golden color will tell you if they are ready.
- Have kitchen paper ready to place your finished latkes on. It absorbs excess oil.
- Repeat this process until you have used all of the dough. Serve with some sour cream and freshly chopped dill.
Instead of a yellow onion, you can also use spring onions. In this case, use two to three spring onions (depending on their size).
Sour cream is a must!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Jewish
- Serving Size: 4 servings , Amount per serving:
- Calories: 403
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Sodium: 480mg
- Fat: 24.2g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 37.9
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 110mg
Keywords: how to make sweet potato latkes, easy sweet potato latkes, recipe for sweet potato latkes, savory sweet potato latkes, crispy sweet potato latkes, best sweet potato latkes recipe