- 2 cups (300g) rice (arborio or carnaroli)
- 300g mushrooms
- 2/3 cup (150ml) white wine
- 6 cups (1,5L) chicken stock
- 1 larger shallot or yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp (60g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (100g) freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tsp thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean your mushrooms (but don’t wash them with water) and slice them thinly. If you use dried mushrooms, let them soak in warm water for about 30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pot (or a high-sided skillet), add finely diced shallots and cook until translucent. Add sliced garlic.
- In with sliced mushrooms and a knob of butter. Let it sauteé for about 5 minutes. Season with pepper and add thyme.
- Add your rice and stir well. After a minute, pour your white wine into the pot and reduce.
- Start adding small ladles of stock (always just to cover the rice) every few minutes bit by bit and giving it a little stir.
- When the rice is al dente, after about 16 minutes, turn of the heat. Add a nice handful of parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
- Serve with some extra grated parmesan and enjoy!
Use quality ingredients. Good chicken stock and real parmesan cheese make the difference.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 4 servings , Amount per serving:
- Calories: 646
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 1831mg
- Fat: 27.5g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 69.5g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 24.1g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
Keywords: mushroom risotto, italian risotto with truffels