This easy Italian bruschetta enchants with its simplicity and freshness. Crispy rustic bread, good olive oil, and fresh tomatoes. Excellent recipe ready in a few minutes.
- 1 baguette or rustic bread
- 4–6 ripe Roma tomatoes
- 1 large garlic
- 1/2 red onion
- 3–4 tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 150g ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic cream, for garnish
- Prepare your tomato mix first. In a bowl, mix the finely chopped onion, chopped tomatoes (drain the juice they release), balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and chopped basil. Season with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a pan and place the baguette or bread slices over the pan (or grill). Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Toast on both sides until golden brown. Then rub your bruschetta toasts with the peeled garlic and spread ricotta cheese on them (optional).
- Top each piece with the prepared tomato mixture. Drizzle with balsamic cream, extra virgin olive oil, and chopped fresh basil leaves.
Draining juice from the chopped tomatoes will keep your bruschetta from becoming too soggy.
Be sure to use good quality extra virgin olive oil.
All ingredients should be of good quality as there are only a few of them.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Breakfast, Appetizer
- Method: Toast
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 5 servings , Amount per serving:
- Calories: 390
- Sugar: 9.5g
- Sodium: 632mg
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrates: 63.3g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 12.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: recipe for easy bruschetta, authentic italian bruschetta, classic bruschetta, tomato basil bruschetta, bruschetta recipe