- 2 salmon filets with skin (250g each)
- 500g potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 spring onion
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp thyme (fresh)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary (fresh)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes in quarters, season with salt, and cook them until soft. Drain them, heat on, olive oil in. Crush them but keep the texture. Turn off the heat and add chopped spring onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- Score the salmon (not too deep), season with salt, pepper and rosemary (into the cuts).
- Add olive oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat and place salmon skin-side down in. When the color will start to change, turn the salmon filet, add herbs, garlic and butter into the pan and baste the salmon with those juices. Cook for about a minute only.
- Turn Off the heat and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Serve with crushed potatoes, drizzle with some lemon juice and enjoy.
Scoring the salmon skin makes it even crispier.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Searing
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: pan seared salmon, crispy salmon, crushed potatoes