The pumpkin season brings many tasty recipes. One of them is a creamy roasted Hokkaido pumkin soup that will surprise you again and again with its amazing taste. So simple yet so delicious!
- 1 Hokkaido pumpkin, approx. 1 kg
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 carrot
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 potatoes
- 1 to 1.5 L vegetable broth
- 100 ml cream (or coconut cream)
- 1/4 fresh nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of fresh parsley
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- A quarter of rustic bread for croutons
- First, prepare and bake the pumpkin. Preheat the oven to 190 ° C. Cut the Hokkaido in half, scoop out the seeds and place in water.
- Season the pumpkin with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Add 5 cloves of garlic and fresh (or dried) rosemary.
- Then place them in the preheated oven together with the cleaned, dried, and salted seeds for about 40 minutes, or until the pumpkin is soft. After about 15 minutes, remove the toasted pumpkin seeds.
- When the pumpkin is roasted and cooled, heat the olive oil (or butter) in a pot and add the chopped onion and carrot. After a few minutes, add the roasted pumpkin and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sliced potatoes, pour in the broth and mix well. Reduce heat and let it simmer for at least 20 minutes. Then blend the soup with an immersion blender.
- In the meantime, prepare the croutons. Cut older bread into cubes, season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and toast in a pan until lightly golden brown.
- Season the creamy roasted Hokkaido pumpkin soup with fresh nutmeg, cinnamon, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Add cream and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Taste if no more salt is needed. Serve with prepared croutons, extra cream, roasted pumpkin seeds and fresh parsley.
When carrots are added, roasted pumpkin soup gets a delicate and tasty sweetness.
If you don’t like croutons, feel free to omit them from the recipe.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Soups
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 7 servings , Amount per serving:
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Sodium: 480mg
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: 23.7g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Keywords: Roasted pumpkin soup, creamy roasted hokkaido soup, how to make the best pumpkin soup, creamy pumpkin soup, hokkaido soup recipe