Creamy chicken Stroganoff isn’t just a great recipe for the weekend. You can make it easily and quickly during a busy week too. Enjoy Stroganoff with pasta, rice, or potatoes.
- 550 g chicken breast (or boneless chicken thighs)
- 2 yellow onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 300 g of mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 80 ml of white wine
- 250 ml chicken broth
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2–3 tbsp plain flour (or corn starch)
- 50 g butter
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika powder
- 150 ml sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A handful of fresh parsley
- Cut the meat into smaller cubes, place in a bowl and add a pinch of salt, black pepper, sweet paprika powder, and a little oil. Mix and let stand while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In the meantime, let your pasta cook. Bring salted water to a boil and add the pasta of your choice to the pot. Cook according to the packet instructions.
- In a larger pan, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat and add the marinated chicken. Stir-fry until golden brown for about 5 minutes and then set aside.
- Put butter and finely sliced onion in the same pan. After a couple of minutes, add sliced garlic, mushrooms, and thyme. Let it sautée and then pour in the wine.
- When the wine has partially evaporated, put the meat back into the pan. Add mustard, flour, and stir. Pour in the chicken broth and mix well again. Let cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Finally, add the sour cream and mix one more time. Taste for seasoning. Turn off the heat and garnish with some fresh parsley. Serve with cooked pasta.
Creamy chicken Stroganoff with mushrooms can be served with rice, potatoes, or different types of pasta.
Instead of sweet paprika powder, you can also use smoked paprika or a combination of both.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Russian
- Serving Size: 4-5 servings , Amount per serving:
- Calories: 398
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 363mg
- Fat: 24.9g
- Saturated Fat: 10.4g
- Carbohydrates: 12.7g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 29.3g
- Cholesterol: 107mg
Keywords: creamy chicken stroganoff, chicken stroganoff with mushrooms, chicken stroganoff with pasta, easy recipe for chicken stroganoff