This delicious asparagus wrapped with ham and cheese is an amazing and quick recipe that you will definitely love. Asparagus rolls are suitable on any day.
For 6 asparagus rolls:
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus (12 spears)
- 6 slices of ham
- 6 slices of cheese (gouda)
- 2 eggs
- 8 tbsp (or 80g) flour
- 1 1/2 cup (or 180g) breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the asparagus under cold water and snap off the wooden ends.
- Place the asparagus in gently boiling water for about 3 minutes. Strain and then transfer to ice water.
- Dry the asparagus. Take two stalks of asparagus and wrap them with one slice of cheese and ham. Use toothpicks for holding.
- Now cover the rolled asparagus with flour, then in an egg, and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the rolls until golden brown, on both sides for about 4 minutes. Serve the asparagus wraps with baked or mashed potatoes.
Do not discard the snapped woody ends. You can use them later for a stock or soup.
Place the finished asparagus rolls on kitchen paper, which absorbs excess oil.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: German
- Serving Size: 6 servings , Amount per serving:
- Calories: 435
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 955mg
- Fat: 24.5g
- Saturated Fat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrates: 36.1g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 18.1g
- Cholesterol: 92mg
Keywords: asparagus wrapped with ham, asparagus rolls, asparagus wraps, recipe for green asparagus